About the position:
This position is responsible for leading and driving the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related Company´s internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti-corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other local requirements in Mexico and Central America.
The responsibility for this role will be to ensure that Consumer and Vision business practices remain in compliance with all applicable regulations in these areas and serving as a strategic business partner for management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
Our Ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Preferred area of study: Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Law
- 8+ years of overall experience
- 6+ years of related experience required
- Preferred industry related experience: HCC/GCC/Privacy/Regulatory Compliance in a Consumer Healthcare, Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical industry setting
- Ability to lead and develop others in a team environment
- Demonstrated capability to organize and support external assessments
- Identification of risk and corrective action prioritization
- Innovative solution provider - application of regulatory requirements in a business setting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong systems knowledge - business processes
- Hands on
- Computer literate
- Senior Business Leader at Board (Cluster Leadership Team) level in line with cluster/region
- Position reports into the enterprise-wide Health Care Compliance organization
- Requires strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and business partners
- Ability to understand complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved.
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Quality, Legal, or Regulatory .
- Proven track record in delivering results, self-starter, and ability to manage complexity are a must
- Establishing & chairing Compliance Committees for both Consumer and Vision businesses; these committees are responsible for designing and implementing an effective compliance program and key decision making within each business;
- Assuring adequate representation in regional business governance structures and establish discussion platforms to get general business buy-in and impact analysis
- Acting as a consultant, and where appropriate, or required by the HCBI Guide assure review and approval for Health Care Professional (HCP)/Government Official (GO) oriented activities
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCP’s and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework and performing business plan reviews
- Working with the Global Operations, Government Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, and external organizations (primarily trade associations) to shape & influence the environment and industry codes of conduct
- Development and execution of tactics to drive HCC system improvements in line with changing business needs and the regulatory environment;
- Ensure effective and efficient testing and monitoring processes and corrective action systems are in place and operating within designated timescales. Carry out regular reviews of the effectiveness of the system with executive management;
- Ensure organizational awareness of HCC systems and processes to ensure cross functional engagement in system upgrades and achievement of compliance excellence in all HCC areas of operation;